RAID 6 data rescue
In its basic principles, RAID 6 is very similar to RAID 5 with the main difference that up to two hard disks can fail safely. The controller has much
higher hardware requirements, as although here the parity is also calculated by means of XOR, however additionally by means of highly complex
mathematical functions, as a result of which a data rescue becomes extremely complex. However, again Attingo has reverse-engineered practically
all controllers and can simulate these virtually.
Reed-Solomon, Double-Parity, Vertical XOR
- Three or more disks at the same time or one after the other failed.
- RAID 6 rebuild aborted. Even one read error on a second hard drive can cause the abortion of the rebuild.
- There was no error message, that multiple hard drives have already failed. Often this is a malfunction of the RAID 6 controller.
- RAID 6 datarecovery, Adaptec Controller-BIOS RAID 6 Degraded
Typical error messages
- RAID offline
- RAID SUB-Optimal
- RAID critical
- DISK failed
- Drive missing
- Labelling of all hard disks installed in the server with the correct slot number and an additional marking of the defective hard disks.
- Which RAID controller was used?
- Avoid performing a rebuild. However, if this was performed, was it completed or was it aborted?
Your next steps
Assistance in the case of data lossIn most cases, data loss leads to a state of emergency. Please contact us! Our job is to reduce the damage you experience resulting from data loss to a minimum.
Our specialists will assist you
Attingo advantage 1
Data rescue in High Priority 24/7In the case of data loss, you can reach us from Mon-Sun, 0-24 hours. Qualified engineers will handle your data rescue case around the clock.
24/7 data rescue