RAID 50 Recovery
Attingo is able to recover your lost data from a RAID 50, which is a RAID 0 network made up of several striped RAID 5. We can save your data, even in the worst case scenario.
Data rescue from RAID 50 systems
- Two or more hard drives break down. Attingo will extract the data in the in-house clean room laboratory and reconstruct the virtual drive.
- Data loss often happens due to errors inside the RAID controller (BIOS, software). Attingo is able to recontruct the lost data.
- After a firmware update data may be lost because of a changed storage order.
- Attingo recovers the data if the RAID 50 is degraded or offline.
Capacity of a RAID 50
For every RAID 5 a hard drive is lost as parity. For example:
- In a RAID 50 with 12 hard drives, divided into four RAID 5 arrays, four hard drives are used as parity.
- In a similar RAID 50 with 12 hard drives, divided into only three RAID 5 arrays, only three hard drives (equals 25 percent) are used as parity.
RAID 50 pros and cons
- In the worst case the RAID 50 is offine after two hard drives of the same RAID 5 fall out and the data is no longer accessible. A data rescue is needed.
- In the best case one hard drive in each RAID 5 may break down and the system is still working without data loss.
- A RAID 50 provides enhanced data throughput and redundancy.