If your hard drive doesn't rev up anymore, it could possibly due to bearing damage. In this case the only thing that helps is the professional change of the bearing during a data rescue..
Expert knowledge of hard drive bearing damages
Attingo has more than 25 years of experience, professional competence and know-how, special technology and tools in order to temporary recondition hard drives with bearing damages.
Amongst other things:
- Expertly opening the hard drive in a cleanroom laboratory
- Cautious extraction of the platter stack of the HDA
- Diasassembling of the platter stack into its separate parts
- Possible swap of a defective hard drive motor
- Newly alignment and adjustment of the ferromagnetic disc
- Prevention of heavy imbalances and vibrations in order to prevent consequential damages
Causes for bearing damage of a hard drive
The spindle ball bearing deadlocked, the discs cannot move or rotate anymore
Your next steps after data loss
- Do not power on the affected hard drive in order to prevent consequential damages and maximize the chances of a successful recovery of the hard rive.
- Tell us the exact modelnumber and name, as well as the capacity of your hard drive.
- We advise you on our diagnosis services and the process of the data rescue. If you need an express data rescue our staff is here for you all around the clock.
- Take a look at our packaging tips so your hard drive arrives in our laboratories safely.
General information about defective spindle bearings
Older hard drive models - especially SCSI hard drives - have a ball bearing, new models have liquid bearings, which are significantly more quiet and run with fewer vibrations. The discs are positioned on a wave, called spindle, assembled one above the other. Dependent on the capacity and type of the hard drive the number of discs and write/read heads varies. Readjustement of the discs and data recovery are therefore very laborious.
The write/read heads are floating just a few nanometer over the sensitive magnetic discs on an air cushion. For comparision: fine dust particles have a size of 10 micrometers, which is a few times bigger than the fine air cushion inside the hard drive. The tiniest imbalances may cause the write/read heads to impact on the data carrier surface. In succession the magnetic layer gets damaged fatally. A data rescue is often no longer possible after that.
Experience with Attingo Bearing Damage
2021-05-21: Lowe GGK Werbeagentur GmbH, 1060 Wien, Segatae ST32000542AS aus Seagate Free Agent XTreme 2000GB P/N: 9ZE7A8-500 | MacOS X | HFS
2021-05-17: Felix S., 2500 Baden bei Wien, Seagate Backup Plus Portable Drive P/N: 1K9AP6-502 2TB | Windows 10
Alles sehr schnell und freundlich!
2021-05-03: win win Film, 22395 Hamburg, Western Digital WD2500JB-00REA0 aus externem Gehäuse Trekstor | MacOS X | FAT
Gerne wieder, alles top!
More customer reviewsFade out customer reviews