RAID 5EE Recovery
Attingo recovers your lost data from RAID 5EE storages (enhanced). Even in worst case scenarios we are able to restore your data successfully.
Data rescue after a RAID 5EE breakdown
- Two or more hard drives inside the RAID 5EE break down. Attingo will extract the data in the in-house clean room laboratory and reconstruct the virtual drive.
- Data loss often happens due to errors inside the RAID controller (BIOS, software). Attingo is able to recontruct the lost data.
- After a firmware update data may be lost because of a changed storage order.
- Attingo recovers the data if the RAID 5EE is degraded or offline.
Capacity of a RAID 5EE
The sum of all hard drives minus two.
Build-up of a RAID 5EE array
Pros and cons of a RAID 5EE system
- In the worst case another hard drive breaks down before or during a rebuild. The RAID is offline and a data rescue is needed.
- In the best case the rebuild is finished before another hard drive breaks down. In this case redundancy is still intact and the array remains accessible.
- On each hard drive in the network a part of the capacity is reserved for the parity and distributed on the media diagonally.
- The assets are higher speed and the usage of every hard drive, because there is no determined hotspare drive.
- Thanks to the diagonal line-up of the hotspare areas a rebuild takes less time.