RAID 10 Recovery
Attingo reconstructs your lost data from RAID 10 storages, which are mirrored stripe sets. Even if several hard drives break down at the same time, Attingo is able to recover the data!
Data rescue after a RAID 10 breakdown
- Two or more hard drives break down inside the RAID 10. Attingo will extract the data in the in-house clean room laboratory and reconstruct the virtual drive.
- Data loss often happens due to errors inside the RAID controller (BIOS, software). Attingo is able to recontruct the lost data.
- After a firmware update data may be lost because of a changed storage order.
- Attingo recovers the data if the RAID 10 is degraded or offline.
Capacity of a RAID 10
In a RAID 10 half of the capacity is usable. In a RAID 10 with six hard drives with a 1 TB capacity each, the net capacity is 3 TB.
Build-up of a RAID 10 array
RAID 10 pros and cons
- In the worst case the RAID 10 is offine after mirrored two hard drives fall out and the data is no longer accessible. A data rescue is needed.
- In the best case half of the hard drives may break down (if two mirrored ones don't break down at the same time). RAID 10 security is therefore dependent on the breakdown of the second hard drive, a game of chance.
- A RAID 10 offers the same benefits as a RAID 1 (redundancy) and a RAID 0 (speed), but in most cases a RAID 5 or 6 would still be the better choice.
Experience with Attingo RAID 10 Recovery
2021-03-28: smartmarketing FS consulting e.U., 3003 Gablitz, Seagate BarraCuda ST1000LM048 P/N: 2E7172-500 | VMware | VMFS (VMware)
2018-08-20: BFI Burgenland, 7400 Oberwart, Seagate Constellation ST2000NM0033 aus Synology RS3617xs+ | Linux | BTRFS
Das Erstgespräch hat Hoffnung gegeben!
2016-09-12: WABOSAN Arzneimittelvertriebs GmbH, 1210 Wien, Seagate Barracuda ST1000DM003 QNAP 212 NAS | RAID1 | Linux | EXT
Wir können nur Danke sagen!
More customer reviewsFade out customer reviews