RAID 05 Recovery
RAID 05 means several striped RAID 0 seits, which are combined to a RAID 5. It takes at least three RAID 0, thus six data media. Attingo is able to recover your data, even when more than one hard drive already failed.
Data rescue from RAID 05 systems
- Two or more hard drives break down. Attingo will extract the data in the in-house clean room laboratory and reconstruct the virtual drive.
- Data loss often happens due to errors inside the RAID controller (BIOS, software) with RAID 05 arrays. Attingo is able to recontruct the lost data.
- After a firmware update data may be lost because of a changed storage order.
- Attingo recovers the data if the RAID 05 is degraded or offline.
Usable capacity of a RAID 05
The total capacity is the sum of all RAID 0 used minus the capacity of one RAID 0. For example: in a RAID 05 array with 6 hard drives (1 TB capacity each) the total capacity is 4 TB.
Build-up of a RAID 05 array
RAID 05 pros and cons
- In the worst case the RAID 05 is offine after two hard drives fall out from another RAID 0 and the data is no longer accessible. A data rescue is needed.
- In the best case half of the hard drives may break down (as long as they are from the same RAID 0) without losing data.
- Although a RAID 05 has an increased data thorughput, the failure probability is still twice as high as with a RAID 5.
Experience with Attingo RAID 05 Recovery
Mehr als zufrieden!
2021-07-14: Jerome S., 3400 Kierling, WD5003ABYX-01WERA0 WD10EFRX-68FYTN0 ST3500320NS | Windows 2012 | NTFS
Positiv! Sehr schnelle und professionelle Arbeit
2020-11-18: Michael Reinholdt Rohrleitungszubehör GmbH, 22869 Schenefeld, 8x SAS Festplatten 146 MK1401GRRB ST9146853SS Onboard MegaRAID Controller | Windows 2016 | NTFS
Haben umgehend überzeugt
2013-05-02: ÖBB Business Competence Center GmbH, 1030 Wien, Seagate ST3500320NS ST500NM0011 aus HP DL150 mit E200 | Windows 2003 | VMFS (VMware)
More customer reviewsFade out customer reviews