RAID 5E Recovery
Attingo recovers your lost data from RAID 5E storages (enhanced). Those are a combination of RAID 5 and hotspare. Even in worst case scenarios we are able to restore your data successfully.
Data rescue after a RAID 5E breakdown
- Two or more hard drives inside the RAID 5E break down. Attingo will extract the data in the in-house clean room laboratory and reconstruct the virtual drive.
- Data loss often happens due to errors inside the RAID controller (BIOS, software). Attingo is able to recontruct the lost data.
- After a firmware update data may be lost because of a changed storage order.
- Attingo recovers the data if the RAID 5E is degraded or offline.
Capacity of a RAID 5E
The sum of all hard drives minus two.
Build-up of a RAID 5E array
Pros and cons of a RAID 5E system
- In the worst case another hard drive breaks down before or during a rebuild.
- In the best case the rebuild is finished before another hard drive breaks down. In this case redundancy is still intact and the array remains accessible.
- On each hard drive in the network one part of the storage capacity is reserved as hotspare.
- The assets are higher speed and the usage of every hard drive, because there is no determined hotspare drive.
- The problem is, that there is only one logical volume per network and the hotspare drive cannot be shared globally with other arrays.