RAID 01 Recovery
Attingo resconstructs your data from defective RAID 01 arrays. A RAID 01 combines several RAID 0. We are able to recover your data, even if more than one hard drives has broken down.
Data rescue from RAID 01 systems
- Two or more hard drives break down. Attingo will extract the data in the in-house clean room laboratory and reconstruct the virtual drive.
- Data loss often happens due to errors inside the RAID controller (BIOS, software). Attingo is able to recontruct the lost data.
- After a firmware update data may be lost because of a changed storage order.
- Attingo recovers the data if the RAID 01 is degraded or offline.
Capacity of a RAID 01
Depending on the RAID parameter configuraion half of or only a third of the capacity can be used. In a RAID 01 network with 6 hard drives with 1 TB capacity each, the net capacity can be 2 or 3 TB.
Build-up of a RAID 01 array
RAID 01 pros and cons
- In the worst case the RAID 01 is offine after two hard drives fall out and the data is no longer accessible. A data rescue is needed.
- In the best case half of the hard drives may break down (if two mirrored ones don't break down at the same time). RAID 01 security is therefore dependent on the breakdown of the second hard drive, a game of chance.
- A RAID 01 combines the benefits of a RAID 1 (redundancy) with those of a RAID 0 (speed). In most cases a RAID 5 or 6 is still the better choice.