Linux OS Recovery
Enterprise storage systems are increasingly operated Linux-based. That also applies to database servers, web servers and firewalls as well as all common NAS systems. Attingo is a proven expert for data rescue from Linux systems. Attingo technicians and engineers are sought-after experts at the Linux weeks or IT security congresses. Besides our in-house IT archtitecture which is almost completely Linux-based our in-house data rescue software is programmed under Linux.
Red Hat Enterprise
openSUSE / SUSE
Linux file systems
Linux core competence
- Recostructing fragmented files via rm -rf, for example MySQL databases or .tar.gz backups
- Data saved with Big-Endian or Little-Endian
- Partitions administered via Thin Provisioning
- Data rescue from LVM volumes
- mdadm software RAID
Your next steps after data loss
It's very imporant to remain calm after data loss. Premature decisions might aggravate the data loss. But we have good news for you: in over 98 % of all cases we are able to recover data. Even if so-called experts say it is impossible or forum posts warn againt fatal data loss our technicians recognize chances for a successful data rescue in many cases.
- Turn off the Linux system and don't apply power to the device anymore to prevent subsequential damage and increase the chances of a successful data rescue. If data was deleted we recommend to pull the power plus immediately instead of a normal shut down.
- If possible, please tell us the exact model number or series number and capacity of your device/s and the Linux derivate used.
- We advise you on our Diagnosis Services and the process of the data rescue. Our staff is available all around the clock for an emergency data rescue.
- Take a look at our packaging tips, so your hard drive arrives in our laboratory safely and well protected.
- An error occured during the file system check
- fsck: unable to resolve
- ext3_lookup unlinked inode
- unexpected inconsistency; run fsck manually
- I/O error
- journal has aborted