Data rescue of Intel server RAID systemsHigh availability solutions such as Intel Server can also be affected by data loss. Even SAS hard disks, which are designed for continuous operation, can suffer physical damage just as in the case of SATA hard disks.
A success rate of greater than 92% in Intel Server systems.Attingo has reverse-engineered practically every Intel RAID controller and has in-depth knowledge of the internal system structures (e.g. firmware), algorithms (e.g. sequence of the parity) and the behaviour of all common Intel RAID controllers, irrespective of the operating system and file system. Highly qualified technicians and engineers routinely handle Intel RAID servers as well as Intel NAS systems. This applies to all common RAID levels RAID 0, RAID 1, RAID 5, RAID 6, RAID 10, RAID 50, RAID 60).
Causes of failure of Intel servers
- Hard disks have physical defects (e.g. defective write/read heads, electronic damage, bearing damage, defective sectors)
- The rebuild was aborted. Even a single read error in an additional hard disk can lead to the rebuild process being aborted.
- Malfunction of the controller
- Firmware error or bugs
- Attingo, Intel Server Boot Screen
Hazards of attempts by the user himselfOnly in very seldom cases (< 1%), are the hazards of a final data loss in Intel servers due to fatal damage of the hard disks. However, attempts performed by the customer himself can have the effect that a data rescue is only partially possible or in the worst case cannot be performed at all. Generally, the following applies: the fewer attempts are made, the greater the chances are that the data can be fully recovered. This also applies to databases of virtual machines.
Duration of the data rescueIn the case of an emergency, Attingo is available at any time (24 hours a day, 365 days a year) with our entire highly qualified technical personnel and our clean room laboratories in Hamburg, Vienna and Amsterdam. We will handle your data rescue case from pick-up to delivery and will provide you with regular updates on the progress. Please contact us, so we can perform an individual assessment of your specific case.
In this manner, you can avoid consequential damage in Intel servers
- Label all storage media with the slot number and mark the defective hard disks.
- Do not install additional applications – this applies in particular in the case of data loss due to the deletion of vmdk files, but also in the case of logical problems.
- Do not perform a rebuild. An incomplete or corrupted rebuild can increase the effort required for the data rescue considerably. Additionally, it lowers the chances that all data can be rescued and the files can be recovered.
Excerpt of supported models
|Attingo’s technicians routinely successfully reconstruct data from these and other models. In the case of an emergency data rescue, the case will be handled around the clock – even on weekends and bank holidays.|
Datarecovery of Intel Integrated RAID Module
Datarecovery of Intel SAS RAID-Controller
Datarecovery of Intel XEON Server Board
Datarecovery of Intel Server Board
Datarecovery of Intel Entry Server Board