RAID5 data rescue of hard disksThe advantage of RAID 5 are higher access speeds and the redundancy of a hard disk. This means that a storage medium can fail completely without data being lost while the system will continue to operate in the degraded mode. This is achieved by means of a parity calculation via XOR, however, the distribution of data to the individual hard disks in the system is not standardized.
Attingo’s research and development department has reverse-engineered practically all controllers (stripe size, order, parity run, etc.) and as a result of this, can simulate the RAID controller virtually.
In order to be able fully recover data in the case of failures in RAID 5 systems, the exact details on the error are very important.
Common reasons for failure
- Two or more hard disks have failed simultaneously.
- Aborted rebuild: A single read error on an additional hard disk can cause the cancellation of the process.
- Malfunction of the RAID controller: No error message was generated informing the user that a hard disk was already faulty.
- RAID 5 datarescue, Adaptec Controller RAID 5 degraded
- Data recovery from "RAID5 offline"
- Data rescue after "RAID5 critical"
- Data reconstruction in case of error "Drive missing"
- Recovery of "DISK failed"
- Reconstruction "none RAID5"
- Rescuing in case of "dead devices"
- Data rescue from "no devices found"
- Reconstruction "inactive md, md0, mdadm"
Attingo is specialized in the data rescue and data recovery of failed RAID5 arrays. Our technical department has already reverse-engineered practically every RAID controller and has a great deal of knowledge
- On the internal system structures (e.g. controller firmware),
- On the RAID algorithms (e.g. sequence of the RAID 5 parity),
- On the behaviour of RAID controllers,
- Irrespective of the operating system or the file system.
Your next steps
Assistance in the case of data lossIn most cases, data loss leads to a state of emergency. Please contact us! Our job is to reduce the damage you experience resulting from data loss to a minimum.
Our specialists will assist you
Attingo advantage 1
Data rescue in High Priority 24/7In the case of data loss, you can reach us from Mon-Sun, 0-24 hours. Qualified engineers will handle your data rescue case around the clock.
24/7 data rescue